Saturday 21 June 2008

The View from the Britons

My thanks to Roger Darlington for writing up his view of our Obama London meeting last night. I really enjoyed reading his warm and thoughtful perspective on the meeting - and I only have one minor quibble (this wasn't the first Obama London group meeting - we've been going since September 2007 - only the first since he's been the nominee).

I'm really delighted by the interest that non-Americans have shown in this race, and the level of active engagement from my British friends and colleauges has been really inspiring. On the other hand, it does create some challenges - we had a long discussion last night about exactly what non US citizens can and can't do for the campaign. Long story short - we can't take their money, in any form.


But for a free grassroots event such as the ones I run, it's a pleasure to be able to welcome them.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Hi Karin, I can't seem to find an email address, so I'll leave a comment; there's an email address on my site.

I wondered if you'd be happy to help me set up an event?