Thursday 20 November 2008

Am I Going Soft on Bush?

OK, am I getting mushy in my old age, or does this video clip actually make you feel a little bit bad for soon-to-be-ex-President Bush?



All right, I know Bush is unpopular with world leaders because of his withdrawal from the Kyoto treaty and subsequent refusal to cooperate on meaningful efforts to curb climate change. I know that many of these people considered the Iraq war a dnagerous and unlawful invasion and that even the allies who cooperated with Bush on the war received little in return but political problems back home. I know that Bush seemed to put the interests of the United States above settled international law on issues including torture, extraordinary rendition and unlawful detention of prisoners...

Wait a minute, where was I going with this. Oh... Sympathy.

Well, maybe not so much.

No comments: