Monday 18 January 2010

Today's Reading

Stuff I've read today (and over the weekend) that you should read too...
Speaking of the MA Senate race - it's tomorrow. And it's going to be VERY close. Can you help make calls?

And finally: with my apologies, I just had to post this. I searched on Google Images for images of the two MA Senate candidates, Martha Coakley and Scott Brown. Here is the number one image result returned for Scott Brown:



Yes, that really is him. Yes, he really did pose naked for Cosmo magazine back in the 80's.

I've been trying to figure out how to process this. On the one hand, fair enough - why should it matter one way or the other. He's got every right to put himself out there in whatever way he wants, nothing shameful about the human body yadda yadda yadda.

On the other hand, there's a puritanical part of me - ironically, I think of it as "the Massachusetts part" that just goes, "Ewww."

And then I think - how would voters have reacted to this if it had been a woman? What do you all think? Should I even have posted this?

No comments: