Monday 23 April 2012

You heard it here first...

Long time blog followers may remember that I wrote last year about meeting then-DNC Policy Director Clyde Williams and his impressive wife Mona Sutphen who was a Deputy Cheif of Staff to the President. I wrote about how impressed I was with them both, in particular Monica and then said this:
I asked her if she had considered running for office herself - and she suggested that she wasn't interested in that, but that Clyde was seriously considering it. I wish him all the best - I think he'll be great.
And so it has come to pass - I've just spotted in this interesting article about the changing racial dynamic in Charlie Rangel's upcoming election that one of the people running against him him the primary is none other than Clyde Williams. Huh.

Not saying I back one or the other (love Charlie Rangel) - but I'm just pointing out the news value of this blog.